I’m pretty sure we all procrastinate. When I get stuck in procrastination, I feel like I will never get anything done, again, EVER!
The more I resist the worse it gets. My guilt, shame, negative self-talk increases. Yuck! And still the procrastination doesn’t end. My anxiety climbs. The deadline is gaining on me.
Does this happen to you? What if you tried getting curious.
What if you gave yourself permission to procrastinate?
Instead, get curious. Ask yourself these 5 questions:
1. What is the worst that will happen if I don’t do this item?
2. Why do I even care about this?
3. Who put this on my list? was I coerced?
4. Who says I have to do the most important thing first? I make my own rules. I’ll do the one thing I like best first. If it feels good, I might do one more….or not. No more eating a frog first for me.
5. What if I allowed myself to only work on it for 5 minutes? If it goes okay, maybe I’ll work on it for 5 more minutes.
Try it and let me know how it goes.